The Transportation Department asks for your cooperation to ensure the safety of the children by following these guidelines:
- Be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Stay out of the Danger Zone by standing at least 10 feet back from the bus.
- Board the bus in an orderly manner. Pushing and shoving can lead to injuries.
- Keep all personal items in the students backpack.
Maintain Classroom behavior while on the bus, so the driver is not distracted and can hear if there is an emergency.
- Use an indoor voice. Talk quietly with your neighbor.
- Bottom to bottom, back to back. Sit properly on the bus with your bottom to the bottom of the seat and your back to the back of the seat.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- The bus driver is in charge. Always listen for instructions from the bus driver and follow them to ensure a safe, uneventful ride.
K and 1st Grade Students
All Kindergarten and 1st Grade students must have a responsible adult at the bus stop or they will be returned to their school for a parent to pick up. K and 1st grade students with older siblings on the bus may exit the bus with their older siblings. All Kindergarten students will be issued a RED bus badge to wear every day. All 1st graders will be issued a YELLOW bus badge to wear every day to assist with identification.